I am over the moon excited to share with you our latest tee “Seaside Sweetie Nautical Sailor Girl Red T-Shirt” over at our shop Crazy4Me Style. Tee is perfect for a day out at sea, the beach, the 4th of July, car shows or around town, this baby rib crew neck cotton t-shirt is stretchy, comfortable, and formfitting to hug your curves. T-shirt is full of old-school style with a beautiful retro Sailor Pinup Girl created for us from custom artwork and has plenty of retro flair with love knot heart, anchor and that cute puppy dog too. Sizes Small-2XL in stock now – shop here
We are in mid May now and that means lots of fabulous classic car shows to attend. For a Pinup loving Rockabilly gal that means colorful dresses, high heels, victory rolls, the perfect cat eye, red lips and picture taking. But, that also means lots of walking around, scorching hot weather and posing perfectly for those pictures. My hubby and I attend these shows together and we have had several in row now and he also is my photographer at these shows so, if you can bring your significant other or a buddy it will do wonders for you. I wanted to write up a quick post for all the Pinup Dolls out there that might be new to the scene and always dreamed of a photo shoot at a classic car show as there are a couple key things to consider before you go.
- A classic car is a treasure!! Owners of classic cars poor their blood, sweat, and tears into restoring them, not mention they’re hard earned dollars. These are incredible automobiles that are a symbol of a bygone era. Plan your outfits carefully. Many times you will be right up next to these cars and you do not want to have any beads, chains, or purses with metal, or high heels that can touch the car as it will scratch it and that is not allowed. Also, keep in mind that many car shows are family friendly so dress appropriately and keep it tasteful like the classy gal you are. Always ask if you can take a photo next to the car…some shows the owners sit right next to them and other shows the owners are a mile away under the trees for shade. But, if an owner is close by, always ask. Sometimes they will even let you sit inside the car and take photos. Being kind and curious goes a very long way!!
- Protect your skin. Sunscreen is a must. You don’t want to burn or get tan lines from your Deadly Dames Voodoo Vixen top. Also, depending on where you live, dealing with mosquitos is now a big concern so it is also a good idea to bring your bug spray and use it on exposed skin. Also, consider a parasol, as they not only make for a great prop in your photos but they are so useful at shading you and keeping you out of the direct sunshine. Parasols come in many different colors to match your outfits and they even come with designs so they really can be a nice prop. Also, consider a large vintage style sun hat…. these will really add a touch of glamour to your photos and keep you shaded too.
- Shoes… now this is a biggie! You’ll find that parking for the car show is often quite a hike to the admission gate. Sometimes you’ll trek through rough terrain with lots of weeds, sticks, and uneven terrain…. be careful. Bring some comfy walking shoes like flats or even sneakers…. I know you don’t want to look like a dork but hey, saving your feet and legs is really more important. Once you get into the show, change into your lovely heels or wedges.
- Bring a large tote bag or cart. This will be handy for your extra walking shoes, makeup for touch ups, outfits for changes, and even some cold beverages and snacks. I know it takes a lot to haul a large bag around but you will be thankful because you will have everything you need in it for the day. If you are at a very large classic car show then beverages might be located far away from where you are shooting so, having that bottle of water in your bag will be a lifesaver. Plan also for your photographer; remember they are hauling their equipment around and dealing with spectators to get the perfect shot of you and they too will be hot and thirsty and need a pick-me-up snack.
- Attitude. A classic car show is all about the charm of yesteryear and the hard work the car owners have put into their cars to make them show worthy so come with a great and happy attitude. You will be hot and get cranky so keep hydrated and consume small snacks to keep your endurance up or it will show on your face in the photos. Take a short break if you need to for restrooms and or outfit changes and makeup/hair touch ups. When you look good you feel good and your pictures turn out better!
Sometime at shows the attendees may come up and ask for photos with you or photos next to their automobiles. We really enjoy meeting all the attendees and car owners. Sometimes they even chase us down take for pictures and we always oblige and really enjoy it. It is so much fun to connect with fans!!
I can’t wait to see your classic car show pictures, please share them with us!!
Life is pretty fabulous under the California sun!! From Crazy4Me Style the first t-shirt in our new line of vintage postcard inspired tees is a vibrantly screen printed scene of iconic Palm Springs, California with a beautiful Pinup girl lounging by the pool with her puppy dog and both have on their cat eye sunglasses and check out that amazing Mid-Century Modern house!!
T-shirt is ultra soft and stretchy, made from baby jersey knit fabric. A very high-quality t-shirt. Image is custom artwork and screen printed so it will never fade or crack and will remain vibrant.
Tee can easily be paired with swing skirts, pencil skirts jeans and leggings. Designed and finished in America. To purchase –> Palm Springs Pinup Girl Mid-Century Modern Postcard T-Shirt
We are taking a day trip into San Francisco today. Hubby and I both needed a little adventure with yummy food and lots of sights to see. I knew we would be doing a good amount of walking but I still wanted my pinup style to shine so I opted for my Cherry Velvet dress that’s a great turquoise blue color with lots of lush red cherries, my red cardigan and pair of Betsey Johnson tennis shoes. I received so many compliments on my dress!!
The drive down from wine country was pretty with lots of sunshine. Even after all these years of driving across the iconic Golden Gate Bridge, I still get a thrill. The day was super clear and there were lots of sailboats in the bay and you could see Alcatraz clearly. We headed up to North Beach, San Francisco’s Little Italy for lunch. We stopped by Calzones, one of our favorite restaurants that has lots of tables and chairs out front and excellent people watching. Hubby ordered the pepperoni pizza made with a sauce of the best San Marzano tomatoes and artisan pepperoni. I ordered the lasagna. Calzone’s makes delicious food and their portions are big. My lasagna was loaded with meat sauce and a perfect amount of filling to pasta ratio, it was absolutely delicious.
After a hearty lunch we stopped next door at Biordi for their amazing hand-painted Italian pottery. The vast amount of styles and colors the majolica comes in is breathtaking. From dish sets and place settings, to vases, urns and tables and more, there is so much to look at and take in. Biorid’s is a must for anyone that loves Italian pottery.
As we started our trek into San Francisco’s China Town, we snapped a fun pic at Mona Lisa’s restaurants, and they serve a variety of yummy Italian foods too. They also have a car parked out front with the Mona Lisa painted on it but, today it was not there. It is a great stop for pics!! Right next to Mona Lisa is Molinari Delicatessen where they are known for their incredible sandwiches and selection of imported Italian specialties from wines, sauces, pastas, and meats to cookies, olives and more. Be prepared to take a number and wait, lines form quickly!!
The next block over from Little Italy will put you right in China Town. This is a fast paced, elbow-to-elbow kind of area. Authentic grocery stores and markets are everywhere selling the most incredible vegetables and goodies from back home. You will see restaurant after restaurant and local meat markets and seafood vendors. Here I am taking a pic in front of a shop that has roasted meats and chickens hanging in the window. There are also so many stands selling souvenirs, clothing, shoes, household goods and more. Again, so much to take in and lots and lots of locals. You will have fun!! As we were leaving China Town we came upon this spectacular 60s Googie sign the Royal Pacific Motor Inn still has out front and just had to snap a pic.
Our day ends with goodies for the road from Stella Pastry & Cafe, a shop known for authentic cannoli, tiramisu, cakes, cookies, biscotti, and so much more. You can have espresso or cappuccino too, it’s a lovely little neighborhood bakery. Right next to the bakery is Bodega a wine/beer shop and on the wall behind is a popular mural with bright red lips that is a perfect spot for photos!! Time to head home now. Thanks to my hubby Gary Greco for all these fun pics.
Recently eShakti reached out for a collaboration and I was excited, as they are not typically known for their vintage or retro clothing styles I tend to wear and thought it was a great opportunity to try a new brand. Sizes range from 0 XS – 6X 36!!
I was pleasantly surprised at the vast collection of clothing the website had; everything from dresses, skirts, tops, pants, and they came in such a variety of prints, solids, florals, stripes, checks and more to styles of fit-and-flare, sheath, maxi, wrap, LBD, rompers, jumpsuits, and so much more. Not being familiar with eShakti and how items fit, I choose my go-to style the wrap dress because I knew a wrap dress usually fits my curves pretty well. I selected the fun Owl Print Georgette Midi Wrap Dress and was amazed by the many ways I could add customization! I could select from 8 different hem lengths, 6 different sleeve styles, and 2 different necklines. I read through the online size guide and chose my usual 2X. I actually really liked the dress straight from the pictures and didn’t make any customization. Ordering was super easy and within a week my dress arrived. Here are some pictures of the unboxing. I was surprised that there were no coupons or promotional materials included within the box. But, the dress was well packaged and arrived safely.
The dress looked exactly as pictured on the website and the colorful owls were so cute!! I thought it would be a fun dress to accessorize with cardigans, shoes and accessories because of all the colors. For this shoot I wanted the dress to standout and only added some red accents in my necklace and shoes and my vintage Enid Collins owl purse.
eShakti pleasantly surprised me with the amount of attention to detail on this dress!! The dress fabric is very fine sheer polyester so it hardly wrinkles, something I appreciate. The dress is also lined, has pockets, ties at the waist, has bodice darts and is incredibly lightweight. A true warm weather dress. The dress can take you from work to dinner to weekend in complete style. Because it is a wrap, you decide how much décolletage to show. The dress was so comfortable; I could have worn it all day. It fit me perfectly. Now I am looking forward to ordering more items and trying out the customization tools to have a more custom fitting dress. I like that eShakti has such a vast selection of styles and items so there truly is something for everyone. Hurry on over to eShakti and give them a try, you’ll find pricing is very affordable and there are all kinds of deals to be had, at the time of writing this blog post there is a $35 coupon for new customers!! Try eShakti and let me know what you got and what you think? eShakti is #realfashionforrealpeaople
All pictures by my sweet hubby Gary Greco
Hello sunshine!! It has been raining so much here in California that the minute it stopped hubby and I ran outside to snap some pics in this absolutely adorable dress “Corinna” Dachshund Print Swing Dress from Lindybop.
This was my first Corinna style and I loved the adorable print of Dachshunds and flowers. The dress had a bit of a homespun look with the mint colored rickrack and Dachshund patch pockets making it that much more adorable. The fabric is so light (97% Cotton 3% Elastane) with some stretch that this will be a go-to summer dress for sure. I also love the button detailing on the bust. I really like the smocked elasticated back that vintage style summer dresses have. The full skirt is fantastic so you can wear a petticoat if you want for additional fluff and I am wearing one in these pics.
Let’s talk about fit now. I have had many of you ask about fit and what size I am wearing. I went by the online size chart and to fit my bust so, I went with the size 20 knowing it would be very roomy in the waist as I have a naturally small waist. Once the dress arrived and I tried it on, I could have easily sized down. So, for those interested in this style be sure to check the online size chart and the fabric to make sure there is some stretch so you can make your decision wisely.
I was able to style the dress nicely and added a mint cropped cardigan and my vintage Enid Collins owl purse…… I didn’t have a dachshund purse and I thought the owl color matched pretty nicely with the dress. Luna, my Bichon Frise wasn’t too terribly upset with me for wearing a dress with Dachshunds and not Bichons. The Corinna is a very comfortable style with so many details in the adornments and it is priced really affordably as are most Lindybop items. Lindybop really has one of the best selections of prints and styles and I am amazed by how incredible they are season after season. I look forward to many more Lindybop dresses and I can’t wait for my next Corinna. This Dachshund print swing dress is almost all sold out online so hurry over to Lindybop and snapped yours up!!
All pics by my wonderful hubby Gary Greco.