Don’t miss out on the chance to snag a piece of vintage Holt-Howard Christmas decor this year! Prices for some of the most sought-after pieces are expected to rise in the coming months, so now is definitely the time to start planning your holiday shopping. Our updated Christmas Price Guide can help you get started. Today we’re taking a look at one of our favorite Holt Howard pieces: Starry Eyed Santa. This adorable Santa comes complete with his signature atomic Starry Eyes and is sure to add some extra magic to your holiday decorations. Keep reading for more information on pricing and availability. Happy holidays!
Welcome to the vintage Christmas collecting series. If you’d like to review our multi-part guide you can find that here and learn about vintage Christmas collectibles from the 1950s-1960s.
You can’t have Christmas without Santa Claus and there is no Santa as whimsical and charming as the Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa line of Christmas ceramics. It’s easy to see why, with his amusing charm, Mid-Century atomic starburst eyes, merry whiskers, and gold flecks, Santa Claus exudes wonderful kitschy cuteness, and many can’t wait to grow their collections with this range. The Starry-Eyed Santa has always been incredibly collectible and highly desired by collectors but this year his popularity has dramatically increased, and prices have skyrocketed.
Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Set:
- 2 different Santa mug styles (curved handle and one that comes straight out and is pictured in this guide) the two styles are for hot chocolate and egg nog
- 2 different pitcher sizes (large and smaller one, smaller pitcher pictured in this guide)
- Chip and dip tray (or cheese and cracker tray)
- Salt and pepper shakers (pictured in this guide)
- Candle holder/planter (pictured in this guide)
- Candle holder
- Candle holder trio
- Nut dish and snack plates (larger dish and smaller dishes of which one is pictured in this guide)
Starry Eyed Santa Price Gide 2021 (based on Ebay, Etsy, Facebook, and Instagram sales)
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Mugs:
- $1,200 for a set of four. Single mugs from $250-$400+.
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa pitchers:
- Large pitcher $1,200. Small pitcher $800+.
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Chip and dip tray/cheese & crackers:
- $1,500 (as of 11/3/21 there are two listed on Ebay with a price of $3,500 each)
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa ashtray:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Salt and Pepper Shakers:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Candle Holder/Planter:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Candle Holder:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Candle Holder Trio:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Nut Dishes and Snack Plates:
- Large dish $300+.
- Smaller snack dish $150-$175
If you’re a fan of Holt Howard like I am, it’s the perfect time to start collecting some of these vintage Christmas pieces. It won’t be long before they all disappear from circulation and end up in collections (or attics) across the country! What is your favorite piece of Holt Howard Christmas? Let me know in the comments below – I’d love to hear from you.
Now that you know a little more about the Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa, it’s time to collect! So, what do you have your eye on? Let me know in the comments here, on Instagram, or join our Facebook Group and meet other collectors sharing their vintage kitschy Christmas treasures.