Collecting vintage Holt-Howard Christmas ceramics is a great way to enjoy the holidays. It was the Holt-Howard company that first began creating and selling the well-known Pixieware collectibles back in 1958. The items were manufactured in Japan for affordability, but they were made from high-quality ceramics that were then sold in the US as affordable giftware. The Holt-Howard company added many different pieces to their catalog that followed the same quirky and fun designs including Christmas ceramics that are still in high demand today. Follow this guide to collecting Holt-Howard like a pro.
Welcome to the 2021 vintage Christmas collecting series. This is our first post in our series for 2021. If you’d like to review our 2020 six-part guide you can find that here and learn about vintage Christmas collectibles from the 1950s-1960s.
You can’t have Christmas without Santa Claus and there is no Santa as whimsical and charming as the Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa line of Christmas ceramics. It’s easy to see why, with his amusing charm, Mid-Century atomic starburst eyes, merry whiskers, and gold flecks, Santa Claus exudes wonderful kitschy cuteness, and many can’t wait to grow their collections with this range. The Starry-Eyed Santa has always been incredibly collectible and highly desired by collectors but this year his popularity has dramatically increased, and prices have skyrocketed.
Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Set:
- 2 different Santa mug styles (curved handle and one that comes straight out and is pictured in this guide) the two styles are for hot chocolate and egg nog
- 2 different pitcher sizes (large and smaller one, smaller pitcher pictured in this guide)
- Chip and dip tray (or cheese and cracker tray)
- Salt and pepper shakers (pictured in this guide)
- Candle holder/planter (pictured in this guide)
- Candle holder
- Candle holder trio
- Nut dish and snack plates (larger dish and smaller dishes of which one is pictured in this guide)
Starry Eyed Santa Price Gide 2021 (based on Ebay, Etsy, Facebook, and Instagram sales)
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Mugs:
- $1,200 for a set of four. Single mugs from $150-$175+.
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa pitchers:
- Large pitcher $1,200. Small pitcher $750+.
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Chip and dip tray/cheese & crackers:
- $1,500 (as of 11/3/21 there are two listed on Ebay with a price of $3,500 each)
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa ashtray:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Salt and Pepper Shakers:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Candle Holder/Planter:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Candle Holder:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Candle Holder Trio:
- Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa Nut Dishes and Snack Plates:
- Large dish $300+.
- Smaller snack dish $150-$175
If you are out treasure hunting and spot a Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa piece you’d better snap it up!! Not only does it have a high value, but it is truly a piece of vintage Christmas nostalgia to collect and pass down for generations.
Now that you know a little more about the Holt-Howard Starry Eyed Santa, it’s time to collect! So, what do you have your eye on? Let me know in the comments here, on Instagram, or join our Facebook Group and meet other collectors sharing their vintage kitschy Christmas treasures.