I recently added a post about my antiquing jaunt in Aurora, Oregon and want to show you some of my neat finds. I was able to score a couple of really pretty vintage Josef Originals figurines! Here is a Josef Originals November “Topaz” birthday figurine and a June “Pearl” figurine along with a rare 4th of July Josef Originals Patriotic bell figurine and all have the much saugt after “black eyes”. I listed these cuties in my EBay and Etsy stores and am already receiving so much interest. There are a lot of Josef Originals collectors out there as doll collecting is apparently a huge collectibles area led of course by women.
About Josef Originals:
Josef Originals are designed by artist Muriel Joseph George who is the creator of Josef Originals back in 1945. These figures are created with the utmost attention to authenticity, including the detailed ceramic construction and 24K gold paint for character accents. Cute animals, charming dolls, delightful Christmas characters.
Some of the more popular lines created by Muriel for Josef Originals:
* Dolls of the Month Series–A doll for every month of the year.
* Days of the Week Series–Dolls for every day of the week.
* Little Pet Series–Children with pets.
* Birthday Girls Series–Dolls for every year from newborn to 21.
* Birthstone Dolls Series–Girls with dresses the same color as birthstones.
* Career Series–Showing careers such as teachers and nurses.
* All sorts of Christmas figurines.
Yes, there is a story behind the name “Josef Originals.” The name was supposed to be spelled “Joseph,” but the printer made a mistake on the first set of labels that were ordered. It was too late to change the labels. The orders were in and the ceramics had to be shipped. So, “Josef Originals” was born.