I am so excited to tell you about our stay at a San Francisco boutique hotel called The Hotel Zephyr. We specifically chose this hotel for its location and theme; nautical and located right in the heart of San Francisco’s Fisherman’s Wharf with amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge and Alcatraz Island. The guest rooms have porthole windows and “SOS” bedding. Anything novelty or kitsch and we are there!
The Hotel Zephyr in San Francisco is a family friendly motel with over 300 rooms and decorated in a nautical theme with a fabulous courtyard filled with seating areas, multiple fire pits, retro games that are life-size like Connect Four and Jenga. There is also a vintage 1950s Shasta trailer serving up snacks and beverages and then there is an amazing game room filled with comfortable seating, ping-pong tables, pool, and table shuffleboard. So much to do right there at the hotel!! The lobby is so cool with shipping container wall panels, porthole windows and seating, rope buoy lighting, an incredible wall mural of Popeye the Sailor Man and lots of spots to plugin and sit on comfortable sofas and chairs. There is also a retro style photo booth.
The kind staff worked with us so that we could do an earlier check in for a photo shoot we had around the corner. Our room did have that eye catching “SOS” bedding and it was comfortable. The bathroom has a selfie ring light mirror (so all of you that like to take selfies take note) a magnetic dart board, bar counter so you can stand and work at, coffee maker, fridge, safe, AC, lots of plush white towels, soaps and shampoos from C.O. Bigelow. Parking is an additional fee but well worth it considering you are parked in the heart of Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco and you can come and go as many times as you like.
Stepping out of The Hotel Zephyr in San Francisco you are right in the heart of all the Fisherman’s Wharf attractions, lots and lots of restaurants and coffee shops, shopping, sightseeing, and more. Here is a list of just some of the activities that are right outside the hotel-
- Fisherman’s Wharf
- Hyde Street Pier
- San Francisco Maritime National Historical Parks
- Alcatraz Island (cruises and tours)
- The Golden Gate Bridge (cruises and tours)
- Ripley’s Believe It or Not! (use code “crazy4me” to save 20% on tickets)
- Madame Tussauds Wax Museum
- San Francisco Dungeon
- Musée Mécanique a vintage arcade that features so many mechanically operated vintage games, musical instruments and video games.
- Pier 39
- Sea lions
- The San Francisco Carousel – handcrafted in Italy, is intricately hand-painted and depicts famous San Francisco landmarks, including the Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, Chinatown, Lombard Street, Alcatraz
- Ghirardelli Square (calling all chocolate lovers)
- Cable Cars
- Restaurants and coffee shops galore