Seems the entire plant is obsessed with this week’s upcoming British Royal wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton. We do all need something magical and fairytale-like to focus on! So, which Royal Wedding Souvenirs are you collecting?
I know, some might think its “quirky” and some might think they will purchase a few mementos and others are buying just about anything and everything they can get their hands on! There really are some amazing and also some unbelievable items being created and sought after and some are tasteful and some down right weird.
The Franklin Mint is selling the Kate Middleton Royal Engagement & Royal Wedding Vinyl Dolls with price ranges from $195.00 – $490 in Limited Editions of 5,000 dolls worldwide. Wedgwood of England too has available Royal Wedding commemorative fine china souvenirs. Aynsley of England too has Royal Wedding souvenir fine china for the William and Kate Royal Wedding.
Some “Quirky” collectibles are:
Kate and William Greeting Card with Teabags
Waving Queen Elizabeth
Kate and William Porcelain Throne
William and Kate Condoms
Prince William and Catherine Ashtrays
Prince William and Catherine Lip Balms
Prince William and Catherine Sick Bags
William and Kate Key Chains
William and Kate PEZ DispensersWilliam and Kate iPhone Skins
& Tons More!
- Crown Jewels ‘condoms of distinction’ – As IF we won’t be buying a box of these to keep for years to come, with a website that states “Lie back and think of England”, it doesn’t get much funnier than these souvenirs.
- Knitted Will and Kate dolls – Erm, this is just a bit odd. Why would you want to carry a knitted Kate Middleton doll around with you? Seriously.
- Will and Kate wedding cake – Can’t attend the Royal Wedding? That’s fine, just have your own! Couples getting married this year can opt to have their very own Will and Kate wedding cake. Weird, just weird.
- Will and Kate ashtrays – Because what would really make our year is to be able to ash on to Will and Kate’s faces.
- The Royals the comic – Yes, that’s right, Will and Kate have been made into comic book characters. You can’t actually make this stuff up.
I am being asked if any of these collectibles will be worth a Royal amount in the coming years. My answer is that yes, some will. There is a very large group of collectors that collect Royal Memorabilia and Royal Commemorative items and some collect only the Queen or The Queen Mother, Prince Charles, Princess Diana or Prince Charles and Princess Diana to now Prince William and Catherine Middleton souvenirs. If you are buying Royal souvenirs hoping they increase in value then it is best to buy quality items made by well respected porcelain manufactures such as Wedgwood and Royal Doulton and items that are “Limited Editions” but the lower the numbers the better as the lower numbers help raise value. Royal souvenirs that are “mass produced” or released worldwide have lower values. If you are a collector of Royal memorabilia or are starting to collect because of the upcoming William and Kate Royal Wedding then collect for the fun and enjoyment and who knows…..maybe the William and Kate Teabags or Condoms will increase in value over the next several years, as there is no accounting for the publics taste!! Cheerio!